Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Thundercake Reading by Patricia Polacco!


The weather report over the next couple of days calls for stormy skies.  When you hear the thunder, do you know how to tell how far the lightning was when it struck?  Thundercake explains how to count miles in a delicious way...snuggle up to the story read by the legendary author/illustrator Patricia Polacco!


Thunder cake recipe here!  
It has tomato sauce in it, which seems unusual in a chocolate cake.  I have made it before and the flavor is surprisingly sweet, not saucy.  It's very delicious and rich, like a fudgy brownie!

4 comments:

  1. It is truly fortunate that we get to listen to Patricia Polacco read and prove to everyone she is great because after hearing her story of how she coudn't read well, and how she is now an author is truly an inspiration of how much you can accomplish if you just try.

    - Janice N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also extremely ecstatic to try the Thunder Cake recipe, since, I've been baking almost every type of food during qurantine.

    - Janice N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I'm also going to try the recipe.
      Toby N.

      Delete
  3. I loved the book very much because it teaches me about bravery. It's fantastic that the grandma can tell how many miles away the thunder is without using technology or science. After lightning stroke, she counted slowly till she heard the thunder. I'm in awe! Amal I 201

    ReplyDelete