Friday, April 24, 2020

Special Treat: Greetings from Author/Illustrator Michael Rex

We all have a little angst from more than a month in quarantine, but I think you'll enjoy how our author illustrator friend Michael Rex creatively let his ya-yas out:


Michael Rex told me he used the Stop Motion Studio app to create this animation, which means you can make your own crazy stop-action cartoon! Whaaaat! Besides animating your rebel yell, it is also great for animating short poems for National Poetry Month (hint, hint).

Michael Rex has created many wonderful books, but one of my favorites is his recent hilarious and thought-provoking Facts Vs. Opinions Vs. Robots.  With all the exposure to news and social media during COVID-19, it's an especially valuable addition to our reading.  Thank you, Michael Rex!


1 comment:

  1. I liked the stop motion animation. I can relate to it because I feel that way all the time.
    and why is the book called facts vs opinion vs robots?

    ReplyDelete