Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Special Treat: Greetings from Author/Illustrator Yuyi Morales!

One of our favorite author/illustrator friends and winner of the Pura Belpré Award has posted a lovely puppet video for us to enjoy. I think it perfectly encapsulates missing you and all of us missing each other! If you are not bilingual in Spanish, you may want to turn on the subtitles in English under "settings."


Do you remember when we read this book together, starring Señor Calaveras?


It's nice to see Señor Calaveras making his own books in the video. You can make books, too, just like he did.  If we can't go to the library, we can make a library!

You can check out more of Yuyi Morales' wonderful, wonderful books here and in the E-libraries.  Miss you, my dear Stone Bookworms!  Glad we can still connect through beautiful books, puppets and illustration.  Don't forget, you can make your own puppet to keep you company.  Directions here.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the video was a little creepy because the skeleton was kind of creepy. I did like when he was reading the book on the toilet. I am going to make my own puppet.

    ReplyDelete