Yes, yes, yes, we WILL be having a Haunted House Museum in the library again this year! But we need your participation to make it happen! Open to ALL GRADE LEVELS, just for fun!
How-to: Take a cardboard box and cut holes in it for windows. Paint or otherwise completely cover the box with a seasonal color like orange, black, green or purple. Decorate your house or scene with ghosts, trick-or-treaters, rotting trees…use your imagination!
- No blood or gore or headless dolls, sorry! We are celebrating imagination and folklore, not horror.
- If you don’t celebrate Halloween, that’s fine! We welcome fall houses and autumn scenes as well.
- Please do not attach any real food or leaves to your creation. Cockroaches and mold are even scarier than ghosts.
- Please do not include or attach anything valuable to your creation.
- Yes, you can work with a friend or friends (in any class or school) or family!
- You can light it inside with a flashlight or battery-operated lights!
- You don’t have to make it a house. It can be a haunted apartment building, or a haunted theater, or a haunted sports event, or a haunted store, or a haunted library, or a haunted castle, or haunted treehouse…whatever idea you have!
- If you'd made one before, why not try to add something new and challenging this year? An elevator? Staircase? Tower? What can you imagine?
- Please ask for a grown-up’s help for cutting out windows or when using new or messy craft materials.
- This is not an assignment for a grade. This is for FUN! Middle schoolers get extra credit as needed and earned.
- Haunted houses and fall houses are to be made at home. They can be dropped off in the library any morning through October 28. Haunted houses go home on Halloween. Pick them up for a treat!
- Please remember to put your name and room number clearly on your creation.
Houses will be accepted in the library before or right after morning announcements starting on Monday, October 22, though Monday, October 29 and students should pick up houses at the end of the day on Halloween. Sorry, the library cannot be responsible for houses left in November. We have many new students at Stone this year; if children are working in a group, please think to invite and include a new classmate if possible. Can't wait to see the children's