Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Oscars Come to the Stone Library!

As part of our media literacy studies, students have been enjoying some film history and classic films in the third grade.  We have been fortunate this year to have a parent whose work was nominated for an Academy Award this year, and we were so fortunate to have her visit as a guest speaker via a student-run interview to share her experience and knowledge of the magical movie-making process to one of our third grade classes!


The big surprise is when I, your very own school librarian, was awarded an Oscar for my performance as Your Very Own School Librarian!  What a thrill! Tears!  Cheers!  I was finally able to thank my agent!  Thank goodness I was wearing my sparkly dress. 


We then held our own Oscars in which the third grade voted, and the winner for this year's best picture:  Singing in the Rain by a landslide!  What an upset for The Wizard of Oz (though the movie-book comparisons made the trip down the yellow brick road all worthwhile).  

In addition, while I still have the microphone, I want to thank the amazing parents who come to the school library to share their rare and exciting expertise.  We are so lucky to have parents like you at our school!  You are always welcome and invited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment