Friday, August 29, 2014

Meet Ms. Rivera, library student teacher!

We are fortunate to have a teaching candidate from the Graduate School at University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana finishing out her training here in the Stone Library!  She is a black belt at the Dewey Decimal System and talented reader besides!  But I'll allow her to introduce herself: 
Hi!  My name is Ms. Rivera and I will be working with Madame Esme in the Library through October as I finish my Master’s degree in Library and Information Science.  I grew up in Chicago, but I lived in New York and Central Illinois for school before coming to Stone.  I love sharing my passion for children’s and young adult literature, especially fantasy and historical fiction and would be happy to recommend some great books!  In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, friends and my two cats, playing softball, and baking tasty treats.  I am thrilled that I will be working with such a bright and vibrant community, and I look forward to meeting all of you!
Welcome, Ms. Rivera!

No comments:

Post a Comment